Become a Paid Staff Member
What better way to dedicate yourself to service than to work at camp!
Because our camps strive to be safe sanctuaries for children and vulnerable adults, all staff must complete the steps outlined below:
- All staff over the age of 18 who will be working at Wallowa Lake Camp must initiate the process for a confidential criminal background check to be completed for Camp & Retreat Ministries of Oregon & Idaho. This check is required every year.
Watch your email for a link to return to complete your online Medical form.
Commit yourself to be present to the ministry of Wallowa Lake Camp.
In addition to the above, paid staff applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Provide I-9 documentation validating that they are able to be paid for their work.
- Be able to obtain or become certified in First Aid/CPR.
- Be able to interact with other people in a positive way
- Be physically able to do the job you are applying for and to stand for long hours
- Be willing to work as a team player, helping with things "outside" your job description.
- Be able to work long, irregular hours
- Be able to respond appropriately to situations requiring first aid.
Click here to see a list of available paid positions
Some physical requirements of a Summer Staff position could be endurance including prolonged standing, some bending, stooping, walking long distances, hiking, climbing, and stretching; requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity to manipulate outdoor equipment and camp activities; requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare, and communicate appropriate camper activities/programs and the ability to lift up to 50 lbs; willing to live in a camp setting and work irregular hours with limited or simple equipment and facilities; and with daily exposure to the sun, heat, and animals such as bugs, snakes, bats, etc.